Friday, September 01, 2006

Thandi goes shopping

Ooh! I’m so tired!
I just want to lie down here and sleep.

Mma and I had a very busy day.
I woke up in the morning
To find Mma washed and dressed.
‘Time to take a bath,’ Mma said.
‘We need to go shopping.’

The water was nice and warm
‘I can swim,’ I said to Mma.
I like playing with the bubbles

Breakfast was porridge with milk
‘Yech!’ I said
‘Try the banana,’ Mma said
It’s soft and sweet.

We walked up the road.

To catch a taxi to town.

‘Four,’ the lady next to Mma said
Giving her the money to pay the driver.

Vrooom! Vroom!
I say as I drive my car
Just like the taxi driver.


The shops are big and busy
Lots of noisy people.

Mama pushes the trolley
Through the long rows of vegetables and fruits
‘We need bread, sugar and jam,’ Mma says
Pap and meat are ever so nice.

Ooh! I’m so tired, I say
‘You’ll have to climb on my back, Mma says
Putting a big blanket around me.

Left, right, left, right, she walks
Movement shaking me up and down.

Ooh, that is so comfortable
I’m sure Mma won’t mind if I sleep.

Mma and I went to town.
Mma and I went shopping.

No comments: